Friday, November 4, 2011

Mychal's Latest Adventure!


We're always learning new things and trying to get better here at the Beach! Over the weekend,  I worked at Chateau Bianca Winery. Chateau Bianca is a family owned winery and the winemaker, Andreas Wetzel, makes some of the best & award-winning wine in the Willamette Valley. He makes wine for a few different labels, but my personal favorite is Silver Falls. Their Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris will both be on the new wine menu at Beaches Vancouver--coming out soon! 

While working there, I was very involved in the winemaking process. I helped with pouring the wine back over the skins, we added yeast to the grape juice, we unloaded grapes into the de-stemmer, we did just about everything besides bottling. I have a great respect for all the hard workers out there. I want to sincerely thank Andreas for the opportunity. Thanks to Renee, Alex and Matt for all their help as well.
 
On a more personal note--Had a great Halloween with Optimus Prime and Bumblebee from the Transformers. My sons MJ and Matthias really cleaned up trick or treating at their grandma's house and around our neighborhood. I must say Optimus Prime's costume was improved by a pretty creative & personal touch from yours truly! Can we say re-purposed BBQ wheels!




No comments:

Post a Comment